Notes and Definitions
- Individual figures in the tables have been rounded to the nearest 10. The totals shown may therefore not be equal to the sum of the constituent parts.
- Only the selected projection years have been shown due to the limited printing space available. Projected household information for other years is available on request.
- Private household population refers to the population excluding those who live in communal establishments, such as defence establishments, educational establishments, nursing homes, etc.
- Where children are included in a household type, although they mainly consist of children aged 1-15, they may also include a number of 16-18 year olds classified as dependent children in the Census (mainly people still at school).
- Average household size, (the average number of persons in private households) is calculated by dividing the private household population by the number of households.