Published on 18 December 2001
Drug - Related Deaths in Scotland in 2000
G W L Jackson, BSc, MA
Statistician, National Records of Scotland
This paper describes the system by which the Registrar General for Scotland collects information on drug related deaths and the measures which have been taken to improve the quality and coverage of this system.
Contact point: Statistics Customer Services
- The New Baseline Definition
- Summary of Results Using New Baseline
- Annex A
- Annex B
A printable PDF version of the report- Drug Related Deaths in Scotland 2000 (240 Kb) is available for downloading.
- Arrundale J and Cole S K. Collection of information on drug-related deaths by the National Records of Scotland. NRS, 1995.
- Christophersen O, Rooney C and Kelly S. Drug-related mortality: methods and trends. Population Trends 93, ONS, 1998
- The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. Reducing drug related deaths. Home Office, 2000.