Example of a Testament Testamentar (click to enlarge)
What information can I expect to find in a testament testamentar?
A testament testamentar contains the following information:
An Introductory clause containing
- Name of the deceased
- Occupation of the deceased
- Address of the deceased
- The date the testament was made
- The names of the executors
- Contains a list of possessions which may be detailed but may also just be a general valuation
A Will and Testament
- This is what separates a Testament Testamentar and a Testament Dative. This part lists the possessions to be given to particular individuals and sets out the deceased's wishes.
- A confirmation of the testament by an official.