Revised Migration Estimates based on the 2011 Census
Migration statistics for old NHS Board areas
The archived data in this section is given by the NHS Board areas that were used until March 2006, before NHS Argyll and Clyde was split between NHS Greater Glasgow and NHS Highland.
Unrevised Migration Estimates based on the 2001 Census
Migration statistics from 2002 to 2011 based on the 2001 Census can be viewed by clicking on the relevant link below.
Total Migration To or From an Area (25 September 2013)
Migration within Scotland (25 September 2013)
Migration between Scotland and the Rest of the UK (25 September 2013)
Migration between Scotland and Overseas (25 September 2013)
Local Area Migration (30 August 2012)
The reports will no longer be updated. They contain information up to 2009.
- Ayrshire Migration Report
- Fife and Forth Valley Migration Report
- Glasgow and Clyde Valley Migration Report
- Grampian Migration Report
- Highland and Argyll & Bute Migration Report
- Lothian Migration Report
- Orkney, Shetland and Eilean Siar Migration Report
- Scottish Borders and Dumfries & Galloway Migration Report
- Tayside Migration Report
Scotland’s Census 2001 - Statistics on Migration - this paper presents information from the 2001 Census on the characteristics of migrants.